JellyPages.com

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

We Leave 2 Weeks From Today!

It is so hard to believe we're leaving in 2 weeks.  There are still so many tiny little bitty things to take care of, and my list is growing and growing.  "It's all in the details" is definitely an appropriate phase for this stage right now!  Hopefully I'll still have my sanity when we board the plane.  Our agency is booking some of our trip and we've been responsible for booking plane tickets and other parts of the trip.  (We're bucking the system a bit by insisting we enter China through Beijing and not Hong Kong).   So because of that difference we have to book the stay in Beijing and we have to get ourselves to Jiangxi province to meet up with our group.  But, all is well and it would have been hard for us to take the boys across the ocean to China and not take advantage of seeing the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, etc.  I definitely want them to learn about Ellie Kay's culture and see the amazing sights of her land.  They're looking forward to it, but I know they don't completely know what to expect.  They are both pretty adaptable though and I'm sure they'll do great.  I am a bit concerned about Aidan's sleep. He requires quite a bit of sleep to function normally and I'm not sure how everyone will sleep on the plane. Also, once we get to Beijing, we all will be in 1 small room for three nights.  They aren't big people and aren't used to big families, so they have nothing available for 4 people.  Our option was to book 2 separate rooms not guaranteed to be together or to try to get by with 1 room for all of us.  I'm hoping they have roll away beds or at least pallets.  I guess we'll find out! Please continue to pray for us if we cross your mind.  

1 - As always, please pray God will prepare Ellie Kay's tiny heart to be ready for this huge change of becoming a part of our family.

2 - Pray for little Tru, who will have a great time with grandparents, but a little out of sorts I'm sure given his whole family is leaving him for over 2 weeks.

3 - Pray for me since I have to miss Tru's 3rd Bday!  I know he won't know, but that's a hard one for me!  :(  We plan on celebrating before.

4 - Please continue to pray for EK's foster mother as she will be saying goodbye soon.  

5 - For the details of our trip - luggage arriving on time/intact, that we won't get sick (which is VERY common for adoptive families), that we won't get lost in China since we can't communicate well with the locals.  :) 

That's all for now!  We are going to try to figure out soon how to post via a "virtual private network" (VPN) since China doesn't allow blogs, Facebook, etc.  (It's called the "Great Firewall"!  Ha!)  So to communicate we have to get a temporary VPN and gain access through that.   Hopefully all that will work and we can communicate just fine.  We plan on doing FaceTime with Tru and grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment