JellyPages.com

Tuesday, October 1, 2013



Last Night the US for a while!

I wanted to take time for a super quick post.  I should be sleeping since we plan on leaving around 6:00 in the morning, but I'm too excited and nervous to sleep just yet.  Tru left for Nashville today with Nana and Gabby, and there were tears that went along with that departure (but not his:).  I'm going to miss that little guy.  I'm thankful for four awesome grandparents on both sides who will take excellent care of him.  We had a small early Bday party for him on Sunday and he was so cute and excited!

Our suitcases are packed to the gills and finally all ready to go.  Since China's medications aren't regulated as ours are it's not recommended to buy any medications there, so we have every possible med we can think of that we may need.  I'm sure the lady at Walgreens the other day thought I was some sort of crazy addict with my assortment of tylenol, ibuprofen, cold medicines in the infant, adult, and chewable forms, melatonin, probiotics to guard against traveller's diarrhea hopefully, etc, etc.   The boys' pediatrician is fantastic and wrote them and Ellie Kay prescriptions for antibiotics in case we have need of them, and our friend Dave wrote the same prescriptions for Matt and me.  

There have been so many sweet and thoughtful people cheering us on and helping us in every way.  We've had sweet gifts and notes of encouragement and phone calls.   Thanks to Nick, our lawyer friend I won't be arrested for missing jury duty next week (which I just found out about). :)   Waverly kept the boys today so I could pack, made us dinner and breakfast for tomorrow.  Not sure what I would have done without her.  (She's also getting up super early to drive us to the airport tomorrow am).  

Our pediatrician gave me great advice the other day.  He said, "Just remember - something will go wrong."  I think it was his way of saying that it's not going to be a perfect trip no matter how we try to prepare.  We have tried to think of every tiny thing, including getting a limited temporary power of attorney for Tru in case major medical decisions need to be made and we can't be reached.  But, we're in the Lord's hands, and we are committing ourselves to Him.  We praise Him for bringing us on this journey so far and He'll take care of the rest.  

We will get Ellie Kay on Oct 8th (while you're sleeping on Oct 7th)!  Only ONE week away!

In the meantime, someone on a Chinese adoptive parent website posted this recently as a cheat card for ordering at McDonalds in China.  We'll see if we can convince the boys to order a side of corn with their hamburgers.  :)




2 comments:

  1. So excited for you guys!!! Dave will take A4, B1, C3, and D1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to follow along. Can't wait to see your daughter in your arms. This is the journey of a lifetime. Safe travels and for all of your health during trip.

    ReplyDelete