JellyPages.com

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Day Ellie Kay Was Born



Ellie Kay was born November 24, 2012 - Thanksgiving weekend.  How appropriate.  On the other side of the world, I had a daughter being born on the weekend set aside to give thanks.  I don't know the circumstances on her end, and we were completely unaware that such an important event to all of us was happening.  However, because it was around a holiday, we actually know what we were doing that day and believe it or not, we even have a couple of pictures of the kids that particular day.   (Unfortunately, not of us because I'm usually behind the camera and not in front of it).   Matt's sister and her family and Matt's parents were here for that weekend celebrating Thanksgiving with us.  We will never have the delivery room pictures like with the other boys,  and we will never know whether the birth was easy or complicated or exactly how she looked the day she was born.  But, we have a bit of her history and a tiny sliver of her back story.  These little details will be so important to her one day, so I'll try to chronicle them as I remember.


The one and only picture I have of Tru that day - just his back.  But doesn't he look adorable walking in his boots?



Alot of the day the kids spent swinging on a vine with their cousins, Julia and Genevieve.  This was thanks to Uncle Rob who took great pains to cut the vine and test it out  - making sure it'd be safe.  He's a super cool, imaginative uncle and the boys love him and Aunt Jeanie bunches!  



Genevieve -  trying to catch the vine being swung to her.

To be the youngest swinger, she got the hang of it quickly.  Aunt Jeanie cheers her on!  :)


She even swung back and landed on the log.


Aidan's turn

Aidan loves physical challenges, so he was a natural!

 Jacob got some great swings in.



Julia is getting ready for her turn.

And she did great!


 The kids exploring the woods behind our house.




The treehouse looked really pretty that day amongst the leaves.  The night before we ate dessert on the treehouse with everyone.  



I looked back at the Thanksgiving journal I keep which documents every year what everyone is thankful for.  (We go around the table and I record all the responses in a little Thanksgiving book).  One of my responses on Thanksgiving was "Our little girl who is probably already born".  I was close.  She was born that Saturday - 2 days after Thanksgiving.

I wish I knew the other side of the story.  All I know is that I'm thankful that it happened and that we have this special member of our family.  Can't wait for you to join us, Ellie Kay.  We love you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment