JellyPages.com

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Our Life Lately Other Than Adoption Related Things 

Much of our time and energies have revolved around the excitement of our adoption.  But, life has still been going on for us and we've been very busy with homeschooling and both of the boys are playing soccer.  Matt is always doing a good job taking care of the zoo and that keeps him very busy outside of our home.  For those not friends with me on Facebook, I teased him about his "duties" at the zoo while his parents and I spent 4 hours outside watching both of the boys practice soccer in very hot, humid weather (because they practice at different times and there was an hour break in there, but we were still outside).   That particular day, Matt spent the whole day hanging out with Sheryl Crow. Evidently her little boys like zoos, so they spent the day at ours while she was in town to hear her Dad sing on Beale Street that night.  Matt's job for the day was to tour her around.  Definitely not your normal 9-5.  :)

I also took time out to date my oldest boy, Jacob, last week.  It's about time he learns how to treat a lady and I want to be the one he practices with.  We had bought a gift certificate on Living Social recently for a local cooking school and it was a great place to take him.  To Jacob, it was very "fancy" because they were trying very hard to impress.  I can't believe he's getting so big and is almost as tall as me.  We had a great time and needed that time away from the busyness to just have fun together one on one.  




Tru's life will probably be affected almost more than anyone other than us since his "baby" position in the family will be displaced and he'll be sharing his room.   He has really no idea of what's to come. Here's a couple of cute pictures of our little cowboy.  He absolutely loves dressing up in his cowboy outfit and I can't resist taking a picture of him when he does.





Tru's first time to see the Peabody ducks.  He was fascinated!




Matt and I attended the Zoo Rendezvous last weekend, which of course is a social event but with all that's been going on lately, also felt like a work obligation since we've been so busy (in a great way!) with adoption related things, we've had little time to do anything else.  My idea of a date night would have been going somewhere quiet to talk alone, but beggars can't be choosers.  :) Our friends, the Mundays, were lifesavers as always and kept the boys for a few hours or so that we could attend.  Waverly remembered to snap a pic before we left.  They have such naturally pretty backgrounds at their house.

Speaking of the Mundays, Waverly helped big time in celebrating my birthday this week.  She provided breakfast for me, helped the boys decorate birthday signs, and they took me out to dinner Wednesday night before church and she had baked a cake.  She is such a thoughtful and super, super considerate friend.  She has done too many little things to count lately to make my life easier while she balances her own large family.  God has blessed us with their friendship!

One last picture of Tru because he's cute.  Yes, I know, I have no pictures of Aidan from this past week.  If there's anyone more camera shy than me, it's Aidan.  I'll need to be more intentional of getting him soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment