JellyPages.com

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

We know the date we'll see our daughter!

Sounds crazy to say that.  We will leave Memphis on 10/2 and get Ellie Kay on 10/8 (so while you're sleeping in the US on the night of 10/7).  The appointment with the US Consulate was made for 10/15.  This is the day we "take the oath".  After that, we have to stay a couple of days waiting on her passport and such and will be able to travel back on 10/17.  

It's been a crazy week trying to get things settled and booked, and Matt is very tied up with work stuff this week and not able to work on this with me (through no fault of his own) - just coincidental bad timing.  :)  It seems like it should be Friday already....  

I'm very, very excited about our trip, but also a little anxious that I don't know quite what I'm doing.  There are so many little steps to set up with the different cities will be visiting.  It's quite overwhelming!  Pray for us - that it will all go smoothly!!   

Then, on the other hand, what I'm NOT excited about is leaving my little Tru bug for over 2 weeks.  Oh my - my mama heart almost can't stand it.  He will be in fantastic care splitting time between both sets of grandparents who love him very much and whom he adores.  But, we sure will miss him.  I'm sure he'll be a bear when we get back too.  All of a sudden, he won't be the baby, have a new sister who will be sharing his room,  and he will have been spoiled by grandparents as an "only" for 2 weeks.  Oh my!  I'm sure it will take us all a while to hit our stride as a newly changed family as we learn about Ellie Kay and she adjusts to us.  Also, 5 of us will be jet lagged big time from being on China time (which is a whopping 13 hours ahead of us), but Tru will be raring to go during the day.  OK - I'm borrowing trouble and need to quit.... ;)  

4 comments:

  1. It's the FINAL countdown! I remember that very well, when we knew our dates and before we knew it, it was time to go. We got there just a fast as we got home. Awesome news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherri!! Can't believe it's finally time to figure out this packing thing!

      Delete
  2. That's awesome news!!!! A little over three weeks to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Paula - we can't wait. We leave two weeks from Wednesday. Feels crazy and not even real!

      Delete