JellyPages.com

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Give 1 Save 1

Well, the post featuring our family came up a little quicker than I thought (but it is Monday morning in China, right? ;).  We are the family for the week on http://give1save1asia.blogspot.com!!  Again, we're very thankful for this opportunity.  The one correction to the blog post on the Give1Save1 post, is that we don't have a matching grant or anything, but we did choose to open an account through LifeSong so that people could get a tax deduction if they so choose.   

They also have our video up, which is a really quick version of our adoption story!!  We praise God for this little girl that he's brought into our lives.  We can say now that we are super thankful for this wait.  If we had the referral a couple of months earlier, we wouldn't have been referred Ellie Kay because she would have been too young.  God has had His hand on this little girl and her life from before conception knowing she had a family here in the US.  A few years into our wait, I really started questioning if we had been wrong and just had THOUGHT that God wanted us to adopt, so Matt and I really decided to just start praying about what direction to take.   Our big question was should we drop out of line or stay in the wait?  One morning after praying about this, I picked up my Bible and read "Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west" (Isaiah 43:5).  I'm sure I'd read that verse before, but at that moment it was God speaking to me through his Word to stay the course.  We're so thankful we did!   Like everything else in our lives, He knows so much better than we do.  

In the meantime, we are praying daily for Ellie Kay - for nutrition, love, attention, mental stimulation, and that God will keep her safe.  We would love for anyone who thinks of her to pray for her as well.  Thank you!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment